Monday, September 7, 2009

nine. just when i was beginning to think...

i'm standing on a big open field of i don't know. i'm alone and my arms are wide open. waiting. i don't know what i'm waiting for. i don't know what's out there on its way to me. but i know that i'll greet it with open arms. adventure, maybe. change. movement in a new direction. good times, bad times. life is out there. life is waiting for me. why am i out here waiting? i open my eyes and look around me. nothing in every direction. the last time i could see anything, there were things all around me. why am i so alone? have i waited for too long? things have moved on without me. i'm lost. i don't know how to catch up.

...and then you run up and give me a hug. and suddenly, i have nothing left to wait for.

No comments: